none
Report Mailbox permissions query RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have found a great script online that reports all of the mailbox permissions for all mailboxes within my environment to show Full Access, Send As and Send on behalf for each mailbox.

The problem i have encountered is that within my environment, each mailbox no matter the type, has the associated account as a non inherited value.

Thereby, resulting in each mailbox showing the AD account in each mailbox.

I believe that this is a result of our mailboxes being setup as linked mailbox type due to having a multi forest Exchange environment that is being merged into one.

What i would like to know is if it is possible to either modify the existing script to not include this account or provide a way to report this information as required.

Here is an example of what i am seeing:

As you can see here, it is showing the user who is associated with the mailbox as someone who is assigned the permissions, even though they will already be assigned permissions using NT AUTHORITY\SELF

I would like to remove the user account from occurring and report only the NON 'owner' accounts to get an accurate result of mailbox with additional permissions assigned.

Here is the link to the script i am using to get this information:  https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/office/Generate-HTML-Report-for-da0f5132 

Any help is appreciated

Regards,

Friday, July 27, 2018 4:33 AM

Answers