Bad auto-generate web part title for the Report Viewer web part RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've connected the web part related to the document library containing SSRS reports to the Report Viewer web part, so when I select a report in the first web part in the report viewer I can see the rendered report, but as web part title I can see the previous title of the previous selected report. As a default setting, the web part option referring to Auto-Generate web part title is checked.

I'd like that the web part title was updated with the title of the selected report (this report is correctly load inside to the report viewer).

Any suggests to me, please? Thanks

Friday, February 3, 2012 11:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Auto-Generate Web Part Title: A generated title that includes the name of the Report Viewer Web Part plus the name of the report, separated by a dash. If the report does not have a title, the report file name is used. The title is visible when you add a Web Part to a page. If this check box is selected, the title will be generated each time the page is refreshed.

So, this is the default behavior. there is no out of box way to realize it.

I think you can uncheck this option and use a general name as an alternative since user can see the title from the connected web part.

Regards,

Seven

• Edited by Seven M Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:48 AM
    Tuesday, February 7, 2012 7:46 AM
  • Hi Seven, so you say that when I select a report on the connected web part it is triggered the refresh of the Report viewer web part and not for the web part title, isn'it?

Thanks

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 6:32 PM