Microsoft Edge Updates for WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys hopefully someone can help or has come across this issue.

We are currently running WSUS 3.2.7600.226 however when I try to search for Microsoft Edge updates it brings up no results. As a rule of thumb our organisation installs all critical and important updates. All other updates for other OS's and software come up fine it is never bringing up any results for Edge. Anyone come across this ?

Monday, April 4, 2016 7:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi OgreSam,

>when I try to search for Microsoft Edge updates it brings up no results.

As far as I know, some security updates for Edge are included in Microsoft Cumulative updates.

For example:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3116869

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3116900

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081436

Could you find these KBs in WSUS server, or you point to a specific update for Edge?

>We are currently running WSUS 3.2.7600.226

Besides, it is recommended to upgrade your WSUS server to 3.2.7600.274, you may install KB2938066 to upgrade the WSUS server to that version:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2938066

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:01 AM
  • Hi Anne,

I have updated WSUS 3.2.7600.226 to 3.2.7600.274 by installing the KB2938066. However I am still not able to identify Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge in WSUS.

I am actually using SCCM 2007 for software update in my current fleet and currently following product has been selected for Windows 10.

• Windows 10 Language Packs
    • Windows 10 LTSB
    • Windows 10

Hence I would like to understand if there is any other products or classification for Window 10 need to select to get an update for Microsoft Edge.

Thanks & Regards,

Monojit Bhowmik

Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:43 PM
  • Hi Monojit Bhowmik,

Do you checked "Update Rollups" in classifications.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 22, 2016 6:51 AM
  • Hi Anne,

Thanks for response.

Following classifications is already selected 

• Critical Updates
    • Feature Packs
    • Security Updates
    • Service Packs
    • Tools
    • Update Rollups
    • Updates

I have a separate environment for SCCM 2012 where I have WSUS on Windows 2012 and version is  6.3.9600.18057 there also I don't see Microsoft Edge browser related any updates.

Let me know if I need to check other aspect as well.

Thanks

Monojit

Friday, April 22, 2016 8:37 AM
  • Hi Monojit_Bhowmik,

Sorry for the delay. Have you solved the issue?

What is the result if you use "Search" update and enter key word with "Edge"?

Best Regards,

Anne

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 1:58 AM
  • Hi Anne,

This issue yet to be resolve, not sure if I have to log a case with PSS. Today MS has release "MS16-068" which is "Cumulative Security Update for Microsoft Edge (3163656)" and it is not visible in my SCCM 2012 software update .

Thanks

Monojit 

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 4:13 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem.  I ran the PS script but I have a different build (1607) of Windows 10.  It's been installing updates but nothing for Edge.  There isn't anything in WSUS to select for Edge, there is for IE.  I searched WSUS for updates that were specific to Edge and the search comes up empty.  This started when I realized I'm in to March and only 1 MS17 came up so I looked to see what 17-001 was.  Yes, it's for Edge and WSUS has nothing to update for it. 

I'm running the latest updates on a 2012 server.

Nothing in categories for Edge and no updates referring to Edge in WSUS.

Monday, March 13, 2017 10:42 PM