Ping spikes caused from Tp-Link Archer t4u wireless adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried almost every single fix i have found online, yet i have not been able to solve this issues of random ping spikes every 10-15 seconds which can reach to over 3000ms. I had narrowed down it is the hardware because i get similar results when i plug the adapter into my laptop, but otherwise my laptop doesn't experience the spikes. if anyone has any information please let me know. I have also tried: netsh command, upgrading/downgrading drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter, basically everything except restarting my router, but i dont see how that could fix such weird spikes which only occur with this adapter.

Friday, June 19, 2020 9:14 PM

All replies

• when you already know it is due to the hardware: contact the manufacturer.
    Saturday, June 20, 2020 6:44 PM
  • Hi,

I totally agree with what EckiS said. As you said that this issue is related to hardware, we consider that general fix process within system may not work. 

We suggest that you can contact the hardware manufacturer to see whether they can assist.

Best regards,

Phoebe Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, June 22, 2020 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

I totally agree with what EckiS said. As you said that this issue is related to hardware, we consider that general fix process within system may not work. 

We suggest that you can contact the hardware manufacturer to see whether they can assist.

Best regards,

Phoebe Wu

Hi thank you both for the replies! i received a replacement adapter from the manufacturer and the problem is still persisting and i am just at a total loss as for what the issue could be. perhaps a certain program on my pc? i once again get the same ping spikes but now that i can eliminate its not the hardware or the wifi i am very confused
    Tuesday, July 7, 2020 9:36 PM