latency mon RRS feed

• Question

• hello all, ive read a few posts on  high latency etc, im sure my long running problem fits within this range (i hope)   i particularity notice unsteady graphic and flashing screen with a spike on the net graph of game , and my whole computer feels slow to do things,ive looked at malware etc but i think its hardware based , in latency mon  i get over the top hard pagefaults and some kernel latency stuff up a bit,i assume this may be my problem ,can it be hard drive related?  sys is home built as p55d-e pro  i5 800 watt power  gtx 460 ,any help would be greatly appreciated,  thanx  phil

ps tried a screenshot but it will not allow it as yet?  

Saturday, November 10, 2012 6:47 AM

Answers

•    i particularity notice unsteady graphic and flashing screen with a spike on the net graph of game , and my whole computer feels slow to do things,

Hi,

It's seems that there may something wrong with your grahic, my suggestion is update the grahic driver to the latest for check. Also, please check if the issue persist under the safe mode with network connection. 

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:14 PM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 3:51 AM

All replies

• W

It can be HD but is more likely a driver.  You are going to have to find which one by disabling them one at a time until latency drops to acceptable levels.  I would start with the obvious like your video driver, networking driver, etc.

Dont know which latency mon you are using but there are two good ones.

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Sysnative.com Team ZigZag

Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:23 AM
  • thanx for quick reply im working at those steps now  btw  its the replenence one   thing is the drivers dont seem to be any problem according to latency mon  but the hard pagefaults?  ill keep going  thanx
    Saturday, November 10, 2012 7:27 AM
  • Please provide us with your Event Viewer administrative logs by following these steps:

Click Start Menu
    Type eventvwr into Search programs and files (do not hit enter)
    Right click eventvwr.exe and click Run as administrator
    Expand Custom Views
    Click Administrative Events
    Right click Administrative Events
    Save all Events in Custom View As...
    Save them in a folder where you will remember which folder and save as Errors.evtx
    Go to where you saved Errors.evtx
    Right click Errors.evtx -> send to -> compressed (zipped) folder
    Upload the .zip file here (if you can) to skydrive or a file sharing service

MS-MVP 2010, 2011, 2012 Sysnative.com Team ZigZag

Saturday, November 10, 2012 9:52 AM
  • hi again ive just cleared win event log as it contains heap of old entries,so this will start over, ill post it up, just jumping back to latency mon  i have hard pagefaults happeing  with hdaudio.sys  svchost  firefox and quite a few more,would i be wrong in saying if i was to delete pagefile and run without out one,should these errors disappear?   well doing that it still shows hard page faults  after reboot so im a bit lost, so will let the log thing collect for few hours   tia.
    Sunday, November 11, 2012 12:39 AM
  • If you disable the pagefile you may still be hitting hard pagefaults because there may be applications that are using virtual memory backed by memory mapped files (other than the pagefile).

//Daniel

Sunday, November 11, 2012 5:17 AM
  •    i particularity notice unsteady graphic and flashing screen with a spike on the net graph of game , and my whole computer feels slow to do things,

Hi,

It's seems that there may something wrong with your grahic, my suggestion is update the grahic driver to the latest for check. Also, please check if the issue persist under the safe mode with network connection. 

Spencer

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, December 4, 2012 2:14 PM
    Monday, November 12, 2012 3:51 AM