Laggy Aero performance, seems random, solved by resizing *any* window RRS feed

• Question

• I've been having a strange issue where Aero performance becomes slightly laggy, dropping frames during video playback in VLC player (which renders using D3D) and being generally slow.

As soon as I manually resize a window by dragging the problem goes away, I'm getting this issue on my laptop (intel 965 chipset) and I was getting it on my home pc (radeon 5970) but since moving to nvidia the problem has gone away.

It appears to be some form of driver issue.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 12:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did this issue occur to other frames or programs? If not, you could try to update VLC player to the latest version which might be better to support Aero function.

According to you description, it seems that this issue is also related to the graphic card, I suggest you try to update the graphic card driver if there is a new version available.

Meanwhile, please boot into Clean Boot mode to check how it works.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:55 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 5:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did this issue occur to other frames or programs? If not, you could try to update VLC player to the latest version which might be better to support Aero function.

According to you description, it seems that this issue is also related to the graphic card, I suggest you try to update the graphic card driver if there is a new version available.

Meanwhile, please boot into Clean Boot mode to check how it works.

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:55 AM
    Friday, June 3, 2011 5:39 AM
  • It appears to affect the entire aero interface, the aeropeek previews and anything else that draws using Direct3D.

I'm using the latest VLC player and Intel haven't released an updated driver for my graphics chip since Windows 7 was released, Clean Boot doesn't appear to help but I'm quite good at streamlining my services, no junk running.

Thanks for the reply.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 6:57 PM