none
Engagements Functionality RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a question on Resource Engagements. I'm a resource with a booking type of Proposed. I create a project, add myself to the schedule, and then publish. I then add an Engagement for myself, assign myself to a task, Submit the Engagement and then publish again. I go into PWA and approve the Engagement. It then reflects Committed on the project schedule, and shows up on the Resource Assignments view, but does not show up on My Tasks or on my Timesheet when I create one.

If I open the schedule in PWA and then go to Build Team, I show up as proposed. When I manually change to Committed, it will then show on My Tasks and on the Timesheet. Shouldn't this be changed automatically? Should the Booking Type be Committed in the ERP? I thought the preferred Booking Type was Proposed when using Engagement functionality?

As always, any and all help is gratefully appreciated.

Cheers, Ray

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 2:17 PM

Answers

• Ray --

Once the resource engagement has been approved by a resource manager, the project manager must manually change the resource Booking Type value from Proposed to Committed.  Yes, I agree that it should change automatically, but that is not how the resource engagements feature works at this point.  Sorry, but hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:17 PM

All replies

• Ray --

Once the resource engagement has been approved by a resource manager, the project manager must manually change the resource Booking Type value from Proposed to Committed.  Yes, I agree that it should change automatically, but that is not how the resource engagements feature works at this point.  Sorry, but hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:17 PM
  • Thanks Dale, I'm using making the default booking type Committed instead of proposed as a work around, will that cause me any issues I'm not aware of?

Cheers, Ray 

Thursday, March 12, 2020 6:49 PM
  • Ray --

I think you have a good solution which I doubt will impact you adversely.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, March 13, 2020 12:55 PM