App-V 5.1 Unpublished and deleted packages still show up RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm running App-V 5.1 in Shared content mode and have noticed some strange behaviour.

I unpublished and deleted a package inside the management console. For some strange reason this package still is available to the users that were original "assigned" to this package.

Even when I force a resync and/or delete the entire app-v cache on the client side the package reappers after a refresh. When I retrieve the list of packages the packages is shown as still asigned to the user!

Anyone an idea what might be causing this? I'm 100% sure that the package is unpublished and deleted.

Best regards,

Geert

Friday, November 18, 2016 8:12 AM

All replies

• Is the Package also gone in the Publishing Metadata? (XML File, when you open the Publishing Website in IE)

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Friday, November 18, 2016 8:35 AM
  • Hello Geert,

try go to the iis manager, in applications pools and recycle AppVManagement and AppVPublishing.

another advise, go to your eventviewer and look at Eventviewr\applications and services logs\microsoft\appv\sequencer and try to figure if anything is going wrong.

besta regards,

Joseph

Friday, November 18, 2016 1:52 PM
  • Hello Simon and Joseph,

First let me thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my thread.

Simon,

The package (id ce858609-a40a-4f23-be67-9b47c8b26e45) is no longer visible in the Publishing metadata. You can find a screenshot of the metadata below this message. 

When I retrieve the published applications via PS it however still shows up as published. I lowered the refresh interval on the App-v5 server and have recycled the management and publishing pools.

@ Joseph,

I found an error with the eventID 1038 in the \microsoft\appv\client\Admin regarding this package. The log files says:

The package {ce858609-a40a-4f23-be67-9b47c8b26e45} version {ab668ba2-cdcd-4a7f-91d3-3429d14754f1} could not be unpublished because it is not published to the target of the unpublish operation.

Just did a quick search on the evenID but haven't found any usefull info as of now. Will look further.

Best regards,

Geert

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:01 AM
  • Did you solve the issue?
    Appv will populate jobs which were not able to be completed successfully and put them into a pending state.

If your package was globally published look at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\AppV\Client\PendingTasks... in this case you need a reboot.
    If you package was poublished to a user look at
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\AppV\Client\PendingTasks.... in this case you need a logoff

Roy Essers

Saturday, December 24, 2016 12:22 PM