none
Meeting Organizer's Name Appears in the Subject line RRS feed

• Question

•    Hello to all, I have the problem stated on this article for a meeting room rosource : http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/cmdlets/meeting-organizers-name-appears-in-subject-line .

I followed all steps and checked that the necessary attributes for the mailbox (AutomateProcessing attribute is set to AutoAccept) are false  but when I open the resource mailbox the subject field still has the Meeting Organizer's Name. I run the command 3 times with correct rights, forced AD replication, removed resource mailbox reference from Outlook 2007 and opened the resource mailbox again in Outlook . Do you know if there is something more to be done ?

Best regards, EEOC .

Monday, January 7, 2013 12:54 PM

Answers

• Hi,
    When changing the default settings
    DeleteSubject: True
    AddOrganizerToSubject: True

....to False, it will not change the subject line in any existing meetings and there is no way that we can tell Exchange to do it either.

So, if you want the subject line to change....Tell the Meeting Organizer to make some change in the subject line and send an Update.

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by EEOC Friday, January 11, 2013 11:49 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried the wizard settings describled in the following thread:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvradminlegacy/thread/fac69c9f-a65a-4625-a352-3bb3291d314c

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 9:06 AM
  •    Hello Simon, thanks for your feedback. I have Exchange and Outlook 2007.

Anyway, after I ran the commands, new appointments already show the subject field correctly but some old appointments still showed the organizers' name on subject field. Do you know if to regularize the old appointments situation one should resend the invite, is this the "regular way" to do it ?

Best regards, EEOC.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:25 PM
  • Hi,
    When changing the default settings
    DeleteSubject: True
    AddOrganizerToSubject: True

....to False, it will not change the subject line in any existing meetings and there is no way that we can tell Exchange to do it either.

So, if you want the subject line to change....Tell the Meeting Organizer to make some change in the subject line and send an Update.

Martina Miskovic

• Marked as answer by EEOC Friday, January 11, 2013 11:49 AM
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:37 PM