ProClarity 1st Time Use RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all ,
    Here is the Story Smile
    I have Tried Around 4 tools To Report Cube online with the ability to move columns and rows As the way I want + dragging and dropping columns or rows to the filter and drooping dimensions from filters to the table any way I want to represent the Table as we built it in SSAS browers but in a web form .
    Untile now I couldnt all reports are static , But a friend of mine recomended Proclarty to me Now I have to Learn it in 2 weeks 3 weeks MAX SO i will do my best .
    iam readding all your comments and advises And now i have proplem in installing it Smile
    I clicked setup install install analytics server I did make new login in the sql 2005 database under name SAA and pass SAA assigned all rules to him then I clicked on full install and marked puplish web at the end of the instilation he told me
    "the web proff 6.2 compont couldnt be published . the following error occured : unable to coonect to the IIS server . It my not be ruuning "I pressed ok he asked me for user name and pass I wrote SAA and SAA but Wont log in After many times I cliked Cansel he said installion succusful I clicked on admin tools found "server Error An error occured retrving the SDL file :401"
    Then I installed the web proffisnal It was ok .
    PS i have checked the instlaion gied it says in IIS i will find folder called Web Service Extensions but I didnt see it What should I do HELP !!
    Thank you Smile
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:38 PM

Answers

• Hi I just wanted to thank You I have Recived VM which include Proclraty and PPS from MY friends Now iam working on them But I still work On how to connect the reports with each others
    Monday, June 30, 2008 5:57 PM

All replies

•  

Hello Mohammed,

I'm glad to hear you decided to try ProClarity, I'm a big fan and hope you like it as much as I do.  The problem you're running into may have to do with the fact that you're not using a strong naming convention for your SAA account.  What if you specify a password such as:  P@ssw0rd1

I have seen a few errant PAS installations when a strong naming convention is not used for the pas user and sql user.  Can you try installing once again using the above suggestion?

If you encounter anymore problems please continue to post to our forum so we can help you.

Regards,

Amanda

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 3:10 PM
  • I am so Sad Sad
    In the Proclarty Installation Guid He said go to IIS then to web extension folder I went there but didn't find this folder
    Re installed the IIS run the
    aspnet_regiis and still the same I even donot know why the web is not publising but I think its this folder proplem Any help Guys is great Help You are the expert
    Thanx amanda
    Thursday, June 19, 2008 12:12 PM
  • Hi Mohammed,

You should be able to publish the web pro after the PAS installation by right-clicking the "Components" folder in the PAS Admin Tool, then browsing to the Web Professional xml component on the PAS installation package.  We see this issue every now and then, but it really shouldn't be a show stopper.  The issue of not seeing the Web Service Extensions folder sounds familiar, but I'm unable to locate the prior case to see what the solution was.  You might consider posting on the IIS forum to see if you can get that issue resolved if you are still unable to publish the Web Pro component.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:44 PM
  • Hi Bob thanx for replaying ,
    Please where is the IIS forum Thank you
    Friday, June 20, 2008 2:17 PM
  • Try this URL Mohammed: http://forums.iis.net/

Thanks,

Bob

Friday, June 20, 2008 3:27 PM
  • Hi I just wanted to thank You I have Recived VM which include Proclraty and PPS from MY friends Now iam working on them But I still work On how to connect the reports with each others
    Monday, June 30, 2008 5:57 PM