none
Resource Engagements RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm starting to look into the Resource Engagements functionality, and I notice where the PM's initiate the request (usually) and the RM's approve the requests for their resources. I can't find out where the definition of RM is for this to work? Does it mean the resource needs to have Resource Manager permissions? Does the person need to be assigned as the Assignment Owner or Timesheet Manager, or does the RBS need to be completed for the reporting hierarchy? Sorry for what's probably a simple question but I can't seem to find it defined. Also, if you could point me to the best book or article for Resource Engagements, that would be a big plus. (And probably avoid future simple questions) :) 

Thanks, Ray Wohltman

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 1:04 PM

Answers

• My understanding is that the Resource manager sees all proposals of resources available in their Security Category.  Then using Security Groups they are the only users who should have access to the engagements section in order to approve engagement requests.  (This is also normally where they will change the generic resource to a named resource before they approve.)

I have only used this with the RBS to control who appears in their list of resources.  (Don't know of any other way, unless you need them to see the entire resource list, of course.)

Wilhelm van der Merwe | Sydney, Australia

Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:17 AM

All replies

• My understanding is that the Resource manager sees all proposals of resources available in their Security Category.  Then using Security Groups they are the only users who should have access to the engagements section in order to approve engagement requests.  (This is also normally where they will change the generic resource to a named resource before they approve.)

I have only used this with the RBS to control who appears in their list of resources.  (Don't know of any other way, unless you need them to see the entire resource list, of course.)

Wilhelm van der Merwe | Sydney, Australia

Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:17 AM
  • Thanks Wilhelm!
    Friday, March 16, 2018 12:35 PM