none
Can't set a proxy specification on IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

All my effort to specify a proxy for my internet connection failed.

When I open the relvant window here what I see:

Pre configured proxy specification

I add the relevant in format (Which I changed for security reasons)

Update configuration

I close configuration windows and try connect to relevant sites/ All connections fails.

Rhen I reopen the configuration windows and see the following

Proxy configuration rechecked

which is identical to the preconfigured/

I tried updating my configuration in Safe Mode' and it DID work, but after reboot' the new configuration disappeared.

I scanned my system with various applications (Malware Bytes, SuperAntiSpyware, etc/).

I turned off AVG protection, but to no avail.

What else can I do? 

Saturday, September 5, 2015 3:41 PM

Answers

• Thanks Robert.

I've already solved my problem' though using an alternative method. I run MSCONFIG and disabled a set of possible aggressive startup program. I found out the the culprit was HULA, a communication application. Since it isn't and essential service for me' I've unchecked it from the list and my problem disappeared.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 7:02 AM

All replies

• I turned off AVG protection, but to no avail. 

Sometimes the products disable feature is not enough to stop its interference.  You may need to uninstall it (at least).  In some cases it has also been found necessary to seek a cleanup program from the manufacturer to be completely rid of all possible interference because the uninstall program fails too.

Alternatively, since this may only be an instance of overzealous "registry protection" you could also try booting in safe mode, making your change there (hoping that the cause of the interference would then not be loaded and that might be enough to avoid it), then testing that your change persists by rebooting in safe mode, then finally booting in normal mode and see if it still holds there.  If so, chances are that the "registry protector" would then be helping your real preferences persist!  ; )

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 2:27 AM
    Answerer
  • Thanks Robert.

I've already solved my problem' though using an alternative method. I run MSCONFIG and disabled a set of possible aggressive startup program. I found out the the culprit was HULA, a communication application. Since it isn't and essential service for me' I've unchecked it from the list and my problem disappeared.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Tuesday, September 8, 2015 7:02 AM