app-v and the ica-listener RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i installed app-v 5.0 sp3 and the latest hotfix on my citrix servers. now the ica-listener is not responding after a few days on my citrix servers. so no users are able to connect or reconnect to sessions. if i manually disable and re-enable the ica listener, logon and reconnections are possible again.

posted the "bug" also in 

http://discussions.citrix.com/topic/367019-app-v-50-and-the-ica-listener/

any ideas?

thx tom

Thomas Reitböck

Monday, July 13, 2015 6:18 AM

Answers

• Can you try to run a ProcMon trace for a hung session? Maybe it will indicate what's getting invoked before the log off attempt.

Were any other changes made?

Did you attempt to restart any of the servers after the upgrade to see if that may resolve the issue?

Do you use a Profile Management tool? If so perhaps the change has somehow impacted this?

Probably my number 1 suspect would be Anti-Virus, perhaps something updated with SP3 is now getting the wrath of your AV. Try turning off your AV temporarily and see if that solves it. If it does, you may need to figure out how to update your AV settings

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Monday, July 13, 2015 2:39 PM

All replies

• hi

just found out that it has to do with that, if a user logs off 2 processes are still active (csrss.exe and winlogon.exe) --> i cannot even kill the tasks with process explorer. 

thx tom

Thomas Reitböck

Monday, July 13, 2015 1:55 PM
  • Can you try to run a ProcMon trace for a hung session? Maybe it will indicate what's getting invoked before the log off attempt.

Were any other changes made?

Did you attempt to restart any of the servers after the upgrade to see if that may resolve the issue?

Do you use a Profile Management tool? If so perhaps the change has somehow impacted this?

Probably my number 1 suspect would be Anti-Virus, perhaps something updated with SP3 is now getting the wrath of your AV. Try turning off your AV temporarily and see if that solves it. If it does, you may need to figure out how to update your AV settings

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Monday, July 13, 2015 2:39 PM
  • hi

no other changes were done.

a reboot solves the problem temporarily.

we use immidio flex-profile but the logs there do not show any errors

i´ll exclude the app-v executables temporarily and will let you know if that changes the behavior.

thx so far. tom

Thomas Reitböck

Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:34 AM