none
DPM backup to tape RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using dpm 2010 . i need to backup to disk daily and then backup to tape, so how can I configure this type of settings.

• Moved by MarcReynolds Monday, January 23, 2012 1:31 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Monday, January 23, 2012 5:32 AM

Answers

• You just need to setup long-term protection.

For the groups you need short-term (disk) and long-term (tape) just highlight the group name and select Modify Protection group

One of the first window will give you the option to select long-term protection. Once selected a couple of windows later you will have the option to select the long-term retention rang/goals.

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, January 23, 2012 7:36 AM

All replies

• You just need to setup long-term protection.

For the groups you need short-term (disk) and long-term (tape) just highlight the group name and select Modify Protection group

One of the first window will give you the option to select long-term protection. Once selected a couple of windows later you will have the option to select the long-term retention rang/goals.

Thanks, Wilson Souza - MSFT This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, January 23, 2012 7:36 AM
  • i had selected the short and long term backup and it come to a page "Select Long-Term Goals" as follows.

Retention goals

- Retention range

- Frequecy of backup " weekly"

Backup schedule

Weekly " Modify"

Question 1

In the Frequecy of backup , theres a " weekly" , then in the Backup schedule  , theres also a weekly , so what is the difference between Retention goals & Backup schedule, why theres two weekly backup  ?

Question 2

When I configure the D2D2T in  DPM, it backup from DPM to NAS first. So when it comes to  backup to tape, does it backup from the source server  or from NAS ?

Monday, January 30, 2012 2:16 AM