none
OneDrive Sync Button Settings - "Start the old client"

Question

• Hey everyone -

Has anyone switched the OneDrive Sync Button Settings in the SharePoint Admin Center from "Start the old client" to "Start the new client"?

I am specifically wondering if end users will be forced to update their sync client after the settings change. Or will end users notice anything at all?

Thank you,

Chris Johnson

Friday, January 13, 2017 11:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris Johnson,

Where are the “Start the old client” and “Start the new client” options?

Please provide the screenshots of these options for further research.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 16, 2017 9:46 AM
  • Hi Linda -

Thank you for looking into this. The option is under "settings" in the SharePoint Admin Center.

Towards the bottom of that page I see the following for "OneDrive Sync Button". I have several other tenants that do not show the "Start the old client" option at all so I have not been able to test.

Monday, January 16, 2017 6:39 PM
  • Hi Chris Johnson,

In my testing SharePoint Online environment, I cannot see the “Start the old client” and “Start the new client” options under “OneDrive Sync Button” settings.

For this issue, I recommend you to contact Office 365 support via the site: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us.

You will get access to our knowledgeable support agents for help resolving technical issues.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 8:24 AM