MDT Offline migration and restore of user profiles in each system into a repective folder with hostname or servicetag RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

Please help me to overcome the  migration scenario in offline mode. All the users profiles from each computer has to  be saved in a shared folder with computername or servicetag and then after os from win xp to win7 upgradation the users profiles need to be restored to the same systems accordingly.

If anyone who can help me out it will be very helpful for the new engineers

Thanks & Regards

N.V.Srinivas,

vedadri_nvs@hotmail.com

Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:08 PM

All replies

• Create a Database and assignt it to your deployment share.

Configure your Details in the ROLES you create as such

UDSHARE = Share Path of your MIGDATA

UserDataLocation=NETWORK

UDDIR=%SerialNumber%

SKIP ALL in the Wizard Control (No user input)

Name the Role Something meaningful like USMT Capture

Create a Replace task Sequence

Assign the Role you created to that Task Sequence

In the Make and Model Section,

Create all entries of for all Make and Models you plan on doing with this scenerio.

(If your unsure on how to find out how WMI reads the make and model of a system run this command as admin on the system in question: "WMIC computersystem get model" "wmic computersytem get manufacturer")

Create a Role for these Models something like "Replace" Assign these role to these models

Assign Standard Client Task Sequence to "Replace" Role:

Fill out as many fields in the "Replace" Role so your task sequence can be automated. and then select YES on the Wizard section to skip all the Wizard Pages.

If you have a domain make sure you use a service account with the right privalages to join computers to the domain. If your naming scheme is something like Department code + SerialNumber this could make the computer naming a lot easier for you.

Use a deployment tool like SCCM or Script Logic to push LiteTouch.vbs or wsf to your clients needing replacment. It will launch litetouch to capture user state, reboot and then launch the second task sequence to format and install the OS.

I'm sure I excluded some details but I hope you get the picture.

• Proposed as answer by Arthur Powell Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:31 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Arthur Powell Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:31 PM
    • Edited by Arthur Powell Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:40 PM Fogot the joining to domain section
    • Proposed as answer by Arthur Powell Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:41 PM
    Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:26 PM
  • Hi Sir,

Thanks for reply I am working on it and I will leave with proper document after my task completed.

Once again thanks for reply

Regards

N.V.Srinivas,

vedadri_nvs@hotmail.com

+91-8985966259

Wednesday, July 3, 2013 5:11 PM