Microsoft Accounting Professional 2009 - controlling user access on SQL Server 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• I have MS Accounting Professional 2009 installed on Windows Small Business Server 2008 with the accounting database in SQL Server 2005

I can access the database on the server using my client installation of MS Accounting and use it as expected

When I add another user I am unable to restrict the access rights of that user by selecting a role for them and restricting their access by denying them access to certain areas or providing read-only access to certain areas

What happens when we select a user and select a role and un-tick the Administrator rights box and click ok is that the user rights are not saved without administrator rights.  When the user's rights are opened again, the Administrator box has a tick in it again.

The sequence of events is exactly as described - untick the Administrator box, click ok, then select the user in the "Manage Users" list again, click "Edit" and there's a tick in the "Administrator" box.

In every other respect, MS Accounting appears to work ok, i.e. no error messages, no crashes.

We believe that we should be able to work around this issue by manually setting user access rights directly in the SQL database, but so far we have not been able to do that.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this, can anyone provide any help or suggestions?

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 8:41 PM

Answers

• Hi AndrewGFH,

Thanks for your post.

Since this issue is more related to Microsoft Accounting Professional 2009 and this forum is only for SQL Server, I would like to recommend that you contact http://support.microsoft.com to get specific support.

Regards,
    Tom Li
    • Marked as answer by Tom Li - MSFT Friday, October 29, 2010 10:01 AM
    Friday, October 29, 2010 10:01 AM