Creating a Web Application with Host Header and giving HTTP 404 Page not found RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a Web Application with Host Header name and throwing HTTP 404 Page Not Found. DNS entry added and added in the hosts file with IP and host header name. I could create successfully in our dev environment with port 80 (only with port 80) My questions are

1. When I create with different port number apart from 80, it is showing with error "No Route to Host". Not sure why

2. In Test and Prod environments, even port 80 is not working and giving HTTP 404 Page Not Found error. Apart from port 80, with other port numbers, giving "No route to host" error

Can you please suggest how to fix these

Monday, October 12, 2015 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hello Santosh,

Host file won't resolve port number and it is mainly used for host name resolution. You might want to use NAT for this purpose.

Thanks

Pankaj

pankaj

Monday, October 12, 2015 6:15 AM
  • Hi Pankaj,

I do not see the snap-in installed/enabled in my server. I couldn't find it Server Manager or in Administrative Tools. In DEV environment (working with host header and port 80) also it is not available. Can you please suggest more

Monday, October 12, 2015 6:59 AM
  • Hello Santosh,

It will be in Windows Server OS not on client OS.

Thanks

pankaj

Monday, October 12, 2015 8:47 AM
  • Hi Pankaj,

I'm checking in Windows Server OS only. My OS is Win 7.

Monday, October 12, 2015 8:55 AM