none
ADLDS fail to replicate from master instance after restore "adamntds.dit" file to master instance , event ID 1925

Question

• i have 3 ADLDS instance (ADLDS01, ADLDS02, ADLDS03, the ADLDS01 is the master instance) in replication group. But the master instance lose the "adamntds.dit" after a disk fail incident. So i use the "dsdbutil" command in the replication peer (ADLDS03) to backup the "admntds.dit" file , and then place the backup file into master instance (ADLDS01)data path "C:\Program Files\Microsoft ADAM\ADLDS01\data". But the ADLDS instance could not replicate. And show warning as follows event info.

The attempt to establish a replication link for the following writable directory partition failed. 

Directory partition: 
    CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,CN={7E4E24DC-F4F2-4983-A35C-05B458BBEB27} 
    Source directory service: 
    CN=NTDS Settings,CN=ADLDS02$ADLDS02,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,CN={7E4E24DC-F4F2-4983-A35C-05B458BBEB27} 
    Source directory service address: 
    ADLDS02:1a7754ca-be46-45d5-b26a-1eee3c52fab4 
    Intersite transport (if any): 

This directory service will be unable to replicate with the source directory service until this problem is corrected. 

User Action 
    Verify if the source directory service is accessible or network connectivity is available. 

Additional Data 
    Error value: 
    1772 The list of RPC servers available for the binding of auto handles has been exhausted.

What's the error value 1772 mean? And how to fix this issue?

All firewall was turn off.

My server OS is "Windows server 2008 R2"

Thank you very much!!!

Sunday, January 15, 2017 3:58 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    First of all, I would suggest to check if there is firewall block or if the needed ports are opened for replication.
    Regarding event 1925, you could check the following article and have a try to see if it helps:
    Event ID 1925: Attempt to establish a replication link failed due to connectivity problem
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc949135(v=ws.10).aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 16, 2017 6:57 AM
  • Hi Wendy,   

Thanks your reply!

windows server firewall was turned off, and the instance in the same vlan, so i think it is not network issue. I do not understand the "error value 1772". Could you provide me more about the error values info, or how to fix it?

Thank you very much!

Monday, January 16, 2017 1:22 PM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, it seems that there is no such official documents about this error, but according the similar threads from others, the reasons are including firewall block, needed ports not opened, or the instance of replication not exist.

You could use dsdbutil to list all ADAM instances and related ports, then check them if all are working well.

Best regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, January 19, 2017 2:41 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:03 AM
  • Could you check the msDS-serviceAccount value is missing or not, rom the NTDS Settings object. Also be sure you are using the account which have proper access

You may also try below steps:

1- Open the ADAM ADSIEDIT from C:\WINDOWS\ADAM\ADAM-adsiedit.msc and a new MMC will be opened. 
    2- Create a new connection to your ADAMServer on port no and select the naming context as Configuration. 
    3- From left side of MMC expand the CN=Configuration >> CN=Sites >> CN=Default-First-Site-Name >> CN=Servers and delete the CN="Server Name" you are having the problem with. 
    and it may work

n.b: Test before deploy in prod

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:32 AM