none
JVM.DLL Causing IE8 to initialize DEP RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,


    I have an application published to our IAG as an Enchanced Client Server App Multi Server which works fine on IE6/IE7 but doesn't work on IE8. I've narrowed it down to the JVM.DLL causing IE8 to initialize DEP and close the app down.

    The issue only happens when I access the application through the IAG as on the corporate network with the same set of hardware/software it works fine.

    Anyone got any ideas?

    Thanks in advance.

    Edit* - I should have said that I've added Internet Explorer and all the java/IAG client related things I could find to DEP but it doesn't make a difference.

    Monday, March 29, 2010 10:20 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    1st, if you are not running the latest version of IAG, with SP2 Update 3, then you should upgrade to that, as it adds support for more platforms and could potentially solve your issue.

    If you are running Update 3, please open a support case with Microsoft CSS, and we will see what can be done with this. If you prefer not too, another option you have is to use the Network Connector, and run the application directly against your backend server, which should prevent this (assuming it does work flawlessly directly, as you say)


    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:03 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:03 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    1st, if you are not running the latest version of IAG, with SP2 Update 3, then you should upgrade to that, as it adds support for more platforms and could potentially solve your issue.

    If you are running Update 3, please open a support case with Microsoft CSS, and we will see what can be done with this. If you prefer not too, another option you have is to use the Network Connector, and run the application directly against your backend server, which should prevent this (assuming it does work flawlessly directly, as you say)


    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:03 PM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:03 PM
  • Hi Ben,


    Sorry for the slow response to this I've been out of the office for a bit.

    Yes I've updated to SP2 Update 3 as we needed Windows 7 support - although I didn't read anywhere in the release notes that the new client components wouldn't work on Windows 2000 but that's another story! :) - and it doesn't make a difference to this application.

    Unfortunately I can't give full network connector access to the organisation who require access to this application. They're a third party and can't have full network access to us. The application works prefectly pre IE8 so we've told them in the meantime to leave a couple of machines running IE7 and we'll advise regarding IE8 in the future.

    I'll see about getting a support call raised and take it from there.

    Thanks.

    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:17 PM
  • I've actually got a workaround for this which appears to do the job.

    If you go into Internet Explorer - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced and disable "Enable Memory Checking to Help Mitigate Online Attacks" it stops this error happening.

    Not really the fix as such but it works!

    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:02 AM