none
Cant open protected message in Outlook on an iOS device RRS feed

• Question

• I have a client who has activated Azure AIP. When they test sending an email that is protected with an attachment that is labelled and protected, they are not able to open the email on an iOS device. The email comes in as a protected email with a .rpmsg file attached. The message simply says you do not have permissions to view this file. I have verified the said users have permissions. They can view the email fine on a desktop. The issue is only on an iOS device. Any thoughts on what is causing this behaviour is much appreciated. Thankyou!

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 1:21 PM

All replies

• And they are using Outlook for iPad and iPhone, signed in as the same user?  Have they tried installing the Azure Information Protection app to open the .rpmsg file in a native email app on the device?
    Friday, November 3, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Yes they are using Outlook for iPad and iPhone as the same user and we shouldn't need the AIP app on the device if its office apps but I had them try that too which didn't work.

I believe we did get this resolved by ensuring ClientAccessServerEnabled value was set to True. They had it at False. It is working for the users who had an issue but more tests needs to be done to make sure this is indeed resolved.

Friday, November 3, 2017 1:07 PM
  • So this was a setup configuration problem - thanks for sharing.  For others, I'm marking your last post as the answer.
    Sunday, November 5, 2017 5:06 PM