Windows Version 7sp1 Identity Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am running windows 7sp1 on my Lenovo Desktop and I ran Nuance DNS11 for ever. Bought and loaded DNS13 and it wont work (doesn't launch) the system comes back with statement wrong or incompatible version Windows 6.1 7601 and the program (DNS) is looking for windows 7. Now the folks at Nuance say ahhh don't know bout that call Microsoft and Microsoft says call Nuance so here I sit at a crossroad of holykrap!!! So I am finally reaching out for help????? Anybody got any ideas for an old Veteran.. Thanks so much in advance.
    Thursday, May 14, 2015 8:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

We really want to do something help but I am afraid that our help might be limited since we know nothing about this software.

Make sure uninstall the old version before you install new version, use the remover tool if it was provided by software vendor.

According to your description, your software has compatibility issue with Windows 7 SP1, check this with vendor if their product could run on Windows 7 SP1. (Windows 6.1 7601 is Windows 7 service pack 1)

You could try installation program as administrator under safe mode see if it makes it right, and using the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Post your issue to nuance community see if other users can help even their support can’t provide any help.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, May 17, 2015 11:46 PM