Deleted items from shared mailbox go to delegates deleted folder in Outlook click-to-run RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

We've got users in Office 365 using a shared mailbox. Some of them have Office 365 installed and some - the pre installed version from Windows 10.

While deleting items from the shared mailbox they land in delegates deleted items folder. I found a fix from MS: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/202517/items-that-are-deleted-from-a-shared-mailbox-go-to-the-wrong-folder-in but it doesn't work with the click-to-run version of Office.

Are there any registry keys (or any other method) that can fix this issue in pre installed Office? Or do I have to uninstall the click-to-run version and install Office 365 from their accounts?

Cheers!

Mateusz

• Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, September 30, 2019 1:41 AM
    Friday, September 27, 2019 9:27 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply. I strongly think it means that the pre-installed version (must be Office 365 Home?) doesn't allow such administrative actions on it. I'd surely uninstall those and install Office from users' Office 365 subscriptions directly.
    Friday, September 27, 2019 1:39 PM
  • Hi Mateusz,

Have you downloaded the fix under this part? Does it work?

If it really doesn't work for re-installed office, the convenient way would be to download Office 365 from official website and use that version.

Besides, the recommended way is to use the C2R version of Office 365. Microsoft has already removed ability to install Office directly from the Microsoft Store and new computers no longer have it pre-installed.

This is also due to that C2R version (downloaded from website) works better than windows-store version of Office (pre-installed version)

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 30, 2019 1:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Mateusz,

It should work for all Office versions. Have you tried to modify registry manually by following the steps under "Let me fix it myself" in the article, paying attention to the corresponding placeholder mentioned?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Outlook\Options\General

Note: The x.0 placeholder represents your version of Office

16.0 = Office 2016, Office 2019 or Office 365
    15.0 = Office 2013
    14.0 = Office 2010
    12.0 = Office 2007

Regards,
    Burak V.

Friday, September 27, 2019 12:29 PM
  • Hi and thanks for the reply.

I've tried these steps. On computers which have the pre installed Office there is no key "Options" under "Outlook" in any of the Office versions. I've manually added these keys (Options\General) and the corresponding DWORD value, but it didn't help.

Mateusz

Friday, September 27, 2019 12:37 PM
  • Thanks for the reply. I strongly think it means that the pre-installed version (must be Office 365 Home?) doesn't allow such administrative actions on it. I'd surely uninstall those and install Office from users' Office 365 subscriptions directly.
    Friday, September 27, 2019 1:39 PM
  • Hi Mateusz,

Have you downloaded the fix under this part? Does it work?

If it really doesn't work for re-installed office, the convenient way would be to download Office 365 from official website and use that version.

Besides, the recommended way is to use the C2R version of Office 365. Microsoft has already removed ability to install Office directly from the Microsoft Store and new computers no longer have it pre-installed.

This is also due to that C2R version (downloaded from website) works better than windows-store version of Office (pre-installed version)

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 30, 2019 1:41 AM
  • Hi, Thanks for your answers. I realny was hoping that it won’t come to re-installing Office. Fortunatelly there are only a few users with this problem. On the side note - I wonder why this behaviour can’t be controlled via portal/powershell like ‚send on behalf’ ? Regards Mateusz
    Monday, September 30, 2019 5:24 AM
  • Hi Mateusz,

If you want to see whether this can be done via script, you can post your request to Forum for Script requests.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Deleted items from shared mailbox go to delegates deleted folder in Outlook click-to-run— Summary]

Issue Symptom:

While deleting items from the shared mailbox, they land in delegate’s deleted items folder. Official way didn’t apply to pre-installed version of Office.

(Possible) Cause:

Pre-installed version works in a different way from C2R version. Due to feature limitation, Microsoft has already removed ability to install Office directly from the Microsoft Store and new computers no longer have it pre-installed.

Solution:

Uninstall the pre-installed version. Download C2R version from website.

Reference Links:

Download and install or reinstall Office 365 or Office 2019 on a PC or Mac

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, September 30, 2019 7:23 AM
    Monday, September 30, 2019 7:23 AM