none
Lync 2013 with Exchange 2010/2016 UM Co-Existence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone, 

I cannot get Lync 2013 to provide voice mail on my migrated Exchange 2016 mailbox (from 2010)

Overview: 

I'm in the process of migrating from Exchange 2010 to 2016. Right now I'm running a co-existence, same network, etc. of Exchange. Exchange 2010 is still the primary system with autodiscover.domain.com and webmail.domain.com (with EWS, ActiveSync, etc. all running through 2010). I've only moved my mailbox to 2016 for testing. DNS names are autodiscover2.domain.com and webmail2.domain.com for Exchange 2016.

We use Lync 2013 as our VoIP and utilize the UMS portion of Exchange.

Exchange 2016 is configured with the dial plans, gateways, etc. and I have run ExchUcUtil.ps1 on these servers. I have set UMStartUpMode to TLS, assigned a trusted cert to the UM Service. 

So, clearly I'm still missing something because when I dial my extension (from a cellphone) the call comes in (expected) however when it should go to Voice Mail, Lync says "the call cannot be transferred" and brings me back to our main menu. 

This is an output of the Lync 2013 server call. 

responseCode="480"><diagHeader>15035;reason="Failed to route rejected by Exchange server";source="LYNC2013-FE02.SERVERS.domain.com";dialplan="Domain-DialPlan.domain.com";appName="ExumRouting"</diagHeader>

<progressReports>
    <progressReport>

<diagHeader>13004;reason="Request was proxied to one or more registered endpoints";source="LYNC2013-FE02.SERVERS.domain.com";Count="3";appName="InboundRouting"</diagHeader>
    </progressReport>
    <progressReport>
    <diagHeader>13007;reason="Request was proxied to an application.";source="LYNC2013-FE02.SERVERS.domain.com";targetApp="voicemail";appName="InboundRouting"</diagHeader>
    </progressReport>
    <progressReport>
    <diagHeader>15010;reason="Routing to UM for voice mail deposit";source="LYNC2013-FE02.SERVERS.domain.com";dialplan="Domain-DialPlan.domain.com";umserver="EXCH2010-UMS01.servers.domain.com";appName="ExumRouting"</diagHeader>
    </progressReport>
    <progressReport>
    <diagHeader>15032;reason="Re-directing request to the destination in 302";source="LYNC2013-FE02.SERVERS.domain.com";dialplan="Domain-DialPlan.domain.com";umserver="EXCH2010-UMS01.servers.domain.com";nexttarget="EXCH2010-UMS01.servers.domain.com";routingtype="Routing to UM for voice mail deposit";appName="ExumRouting"</diagHeader>
    </progressReport>
    <progressReport>
    <diagHeader>15505;reason="Couldn't find a valid Unified Messaging server to redirect the call.";source="LYNC2013-FE02.SERVERS.domain.com";dialplan="Domain-DialPlan.domain.com"
    ;umserver="EXCH2010-UMS01.servers.domain.com";responsecode="403";nexttarget="EXCH2010-UMS02.servers.domain.com";routingtype="Routing to UM for voice mail deposit";
    msexchsource="EXCH2010-UMS01.servers.domain.com";appName="ExumRouting"</diagHeader>
    </progressReport>
    <progressReport>
    <diagHeader>15032;reason="Re-directing request to the destination in 302";source="LYNC2013-FE02.SERVERS.domain.com";dialplan="Domain-DialPlan.domain.com";umserver="EXCH2010-UMS02.servers.domain.com";nexttarget="EXCH2010-UMS02.servers.domain.com";routingtype="Routing to UM for voice mail deposit";appName="ExumRouting"</diagHeader>
    </progressReport>
    <progressReport>
    <diagHeader>15505;reason="Couldn't find a valid Unified Messaging server to redirect the call.";source="LYNC2013-FE02.SERVERS.domain.com";dialplan="Domain-DialPlan.domain.com";umserver="EXCH2010-UMS02.servers.domain.com";responsecode="403";msexchsource="EXCH2010-UMS02.servers.domain.com";appName="ExumRouting"</diagHeader>

Thursday, June 20, 2019 1:13 PM

All replies

• Hi CompNerd84,

Please first have a try to reboot the Lync server.

Here are some related articles you could refer to:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/d040894d-a09f-46ae-ad1c-adcc82d3a944/exchange-200720102013-um-coexistence?forum=ocsvoice

http://lyncnews.blogspot.com/2014/09/get-lynced-exchange-20102013-um-co.html

Try to create an additional dial plan for Exchange 2016 and running the ExchUCUtil.ps1 script and the OCSUMUtil.exe to basically point Lync to Exchange 2016.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 21, 2019 5:24 AM
  • Hi Shaw, 

Thanks for the articles. I didn't come across these posts in my research but had a nagging feeling that OSCUMUtil had something to do with it (I've already ran the ExchUcUtil, forgot to mention that). I'll follow up in a few days, the people I've been coordinating with here decided to take Friday off...of all the nerve eh! haha. j/k. 

• Edited by CompNerd84 Friday, June 21, 2019 11:20 AM
    Friday, June 21, 2019 11:19 AM
  • Hi,

If there is any update, feel free to reply.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 7:02 AM
  • Hi Shaw, 

Sorry for the delay. There's a bit of confusion around what exactly the OcsUmUtil does haha. So we're doing some more investigation. I've come across this, which looks like it can be ran instead of the utility. If I'm not mistaken, it looks like both tools (OcsUmUtil and this PS1) are to create contact objects to the new UM servers? 

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/lync/Create-Lync-UM-Contact-2f31930c

This is where my knowledge of Lync integration is non-existent. Working through it though!

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:32 PM
  • Hi CompNerd84,

Please refer to this blog:

http://blog.schertz.name/2015/10/skype-for-business-and-exchange-um-integration/

ExchUCUtil.ps1 script is used to configure UM IP Gateway, and OcsUmUtil.exe is used to create the Active Directory contact objects for Skype for Business Server to resolve and locate the Exchange Outlook Voice Access and Auto Attendant services.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:38 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:43 AM
  • Sorry, We've been on holiday's here the past little bit. 

The last article looks like it's to build a dial-plan from scratch on a new env? Our issue is we already have it set up with Lync 2013 and Exch 2010; we're trying to bring Exch 2016 into to the mix but for whatever reason Lync 2013 doesn't see Exch 2016 mailboxes. 

Exch 2016 has the dial plan configured, all the steps are done including certs, we've ran all the tools, etc. 

Might need to put a call into MS to see what's "missing". Thanks for your help. 

Edit: Just to re-illiterate, I can call and our AA picks up as expected; it's the transfer of the call (when I hit my extension) that immediately fails which produces the error in the original post. Anyone on Exch 2010 it transfers, anyone on Exch 2016 (just me...) it doesn't. 

One thing that's crossed my mind, is that Exch 2016 is still running as the secondary Exch in the environment. 2010 is still the "bridgehead" for autodiscover, etc. 

• Edited by CompNerd84 Tuesday, July 2, 2019 1:01 PM
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:15 PM
  • Hi CompNerd84,

As you use Exchange 2010 and 2016 co-existence, usually it should point all services to 2016 first, and Exchange 2016 could proxy traffic to 2010 if need. You may have a try.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Friday, July 5, 2019 7:38 AM