none
Project Server 2013 - Publish error: SynchronizeTaskListInManagedModeMessage RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    Project server 2013 migrated from 1 environment to another with the following difference:

    Old server was dedicated for PS only, and the webapp was claim-based. New server is for SharePoint portal + project server both, and migrated PWA is hosted by webapp which is based on windows authentication.

    initially there were lot of issues in terms of users access to site and etc. now that has been solved, but when i open/publish most of the projects it gives me following error in queue and job status as failed and blocking coorelation.

    anyone has any idea if this change of authentication is the cause? 

    More details: the issue is happening to only existing projects with resources involved. any existing project without resources are OK. 

    •Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.Message:◦ProjectPublishFailure (23000). Details: id='23000' name='ProjectPublishFailure' uid='ffe6eecc-5aa8-e311-93fc-00155d01024c' projectuid='67679afd-1593-e311-941d-00155d01a944' messagetype='Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.QueueMsg.SynchronizeTaskListInManagedModeMessage' messageID='38' stage='' blocking='Block'. 

    •Queue:◦GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - ProjectPublish.SynchronizeTaskListInManagedModeMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='00e7eecc-5aa8-e311-93fc-00155d01024c' JobUID='644c0c47-5aa8-e311-beb0-606c66315609' ComputerName='191cfefc-7d92-4801-a9d5-37d90cb6465e' GroupType='ProjectPublish' MessageType='SynchronizeTaskListInManagedModeMessage' MessageId='38' Stage='' CorrelationUID='e0e67b9c-dda7-d087-6465-e6580c29ea2b'. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine 191cfefc-7d92-4801-a9d5-37d90cb6465e for entries with JobUID 644c0c47-5aa8-e311-beb0-606c66315609. 


    Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.



    Monday, March 10, 2014 2:04 PM

Answers

  • Ok after hours of hair pulling and frustation i have concluded that the root cause of the issues was when PWA was migrated from claim-based to windows authentication mode. so the only solution in this case was to host PWA to webapp based on claim-based authenitcation as well. because due to certain constraint in my scenario i was not able to change the current authentication mode of my webapp.

    however if someones ends up in such situation, you can always change windows based authentication webapp to claim-based because claim-based is now authentication method recommended in 2013 version of products.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg251985(v=office.15).aspx


    Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

    Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:40 AM