Windows Installer issue on Windows Server 2008 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Below is the error msg I am getting when I try to install any Software with .msi extension on Windows Server 2008 R2

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.7601.17514 is available in Windows Server 2008 R2 default 

Please help in resolving the issue.

Thanks you for all in Appreciation 

Salim H

Saturday, November 1, 2014 7:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Salim.

Did you try this:

Error 1719: Windows Installer Service could not be accessed

There you can find how to re-register Windows Installer. If that doesn't help, you can try with re-installing Windows Installer.

If this doesn't help, you can try with checking your files with sfc /scannow:

1.    Click "Start", click "All Programs", click "Accessories", right-click Command Prompt, and then click "Run as administrator". If you are prompted for  an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click "Allow"
     2.    Type the following command, and then press "ENTER":  "sfc /scannow", (without the quotes)   
     [The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.]
    A message will appear stating that 'The system scan will begin'. Be patient because the scan may take some time

3.     If any files require a replace (SFC) will replace them. You may be asked to insert your Windows 7 DVD for this process to continue
    4.     If everything is okay you should, after the scan, see the following message "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations" 
    5.      After the scan has completed, close the command prompt window, restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps.

Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people. This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Saturday, November 1, 2014 8:36 PM
  • Hi Vladimir,

I have tried with above given workaround, But it didn't resolve  my issue yet.

Thanks

Salim 

Salim H

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 1:50 PM