Turn off Security Update in Sharepoint Servers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have errors in our MOSS 2007 after the security update KB2493987 we found resolution to solve the issue,but we need to turn off automatic security update in our server, but i saw windows update was already turned off.Please let me know how to turnoff security updates in our SharePoint server.Please help...we dont errors due to automatic update

Thanks

Laxmiprasad

Saturday, October 29, 2011 5:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Laxmiprasad,

Actually, if the Windows Update is turned off on a server, no Windows Update hotfixes will be delivered to the server.

In this case, you may need to check if your company has Windows Server Update Services(WSUS) installed, and push hotfixes to all servers. If so, you can ask your network administrator to add an exception for the SharePoint Server.

Anyway, I recommend you keeping the Windows Update on, as the Windows Update will help to apply many critical hotfixed, which may fix performance, security issues and so on.

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
    • Marked as answer by Laxmiprasad Monday, October 31, 2011 10:44 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 1:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Laxmiprasad,

Actually, if the Windows Update is turned off on a server, no Windows Update hotfixes will be delivered to the server.

In this case, you may need to check if your company has Windows Server Update Services(WSUS) installed, and push hotfixes to all servers. If so, you can ask your network administrator to add an exception for the SharePoint Server.

Anyway, I recommend you keeping the Windows Update on, as the Windows Update will help to apply many critical hotfixed, which may fix performance, security issues and so on.

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
    • Marked as answer by Laxmiprasad Monday, October 31, 2011 10:44 AM
    Monday, October 31, 2011 1:23 AM
  • Thanks for the reply...I will check on Windows Server Update Services..:)

Monday, October 31, 2011 10:47 AM