Vista download with product key RRS feed

• Question

•  

How can I download Vista onto a new hard drive onto my computer where it had Vista before?
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 3:04 AM

Answers

•  Rugbyduck wrote:

How can I download Vista onto a new hard drive onto my computer where it had Vista before?

Most likely, you cant.

If you had it on a seperate partition on your hard drive, you may be able to use restore disks that came with your computer to restore the original image...

Other than that, you're hosed.

Go buy a copy.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:21 PM
  •  

Hi,

If your computer is an OEM one and came with Windows Vista preinstalled, you can restore the system to its factory settings and Windows Vista will be back.

If you are not running an OEM computer and do not have a Windows Vista product key, contact Microsoft Customer Service to buy one.

Microsoft Customer Service: (800) 426-9400, available Monday through Friday, from 6:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Pacific Time.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:12 AM

All replies

•  Rugbyduck wrote:

Most likely, you cant.

If you had it on a seperate partition on your hard drive, you may be able to use restore disks that came with your computer to restore the original image...

Other than that, you're hosed.

Go buy a copy.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:21 PM
  •  

Hi,

If your computer is an OEM one and came with Windows Vista preinstalled, you can restore the system to its factory settings and Windows Vista will be back.

If you are not running an OEM computer and do not have a Windows Vista product key, contact Microsoft Customer Service to buy one.

Microsoft Customer Service: (800) 426-9400, available Monday through Friday, from 6:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Pacific Time.

Hope it helps.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Thursday, March 27, 2008 2:12 AM