Win Xp restrictions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help me out because I have noticed that when I try to remove a program or try to access certain settings on my laptop it will give me a restrictions notice saying: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. So yeah I don't know whats going on because also the control panel doesn't show in my start menu. It will also not allow me to go into "Set program access and defaults". This has been going on for a while and I don't know what to do because the moment this started happening it was after I had a virus removed. please please help someone!
    Sunday, May 25, 2008 10:16 PM

Answers

•  

Hi, have you installed SteadyState on the computer? If so, I suggest you first use the Administrator account to log on and uncheck the following restrictions in SteadyState and check the result.

1)      Disable the restrictions in "Global Computer Settings", "Set Computer Restrictions".

2)      Turn off "Protect the Hard Disk".

3)      Unlock all users in "User Settings".

4)      Cancel all the restrictions in each user.  

5)      Restart the computer if you would like to apply the previous settings.

If the issue no longer occurs, you can reconfigure restrictions in SteadyState.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:38 AM