Attempting to uninstall a game that has recently bugged out on me. RRS feed

• Question

• The game is league of legends, most people know what it is and if you don't well you've been living under a rock. This is all besides the point. I ran into an error in the client for the game which i have bugsplatted and sent the report to Riot games (League of legends). I couldn't get into a game it would constantly ask me to reconnect and nothing would happen. So I've tried doing the usual fix, shutting down my pc and turning it back on. After this nothing changed and the issue was still there.

Furthermore, I tried doing the next most obvious thing by uninstalling the game from (Program and features) but I get an error message which states, "Specified account already exists". I thought this was rather odd so I used my Iobit Uninstaller pro and power uninstalled it. But the same issued occured.

Now I've been reading through google and nothing has really helped me all that much but I came across going into REGEBIT and finding the error log. I have found the error log determined by the "Specified account already exists" and it states this.

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        MsiInstaller
    Date:          30/11/2016 02:37:45
    Event ID:      11316
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          DESKTOP-5HLB2O1\TDK19
    Computer:      DESKTOP-5HLB2O1
    Description:
    Product: League of Legends -- Error 1316. The specified account already exists.

Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="MsiInstaller" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="0">11316</EventID>
        <Level>2</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-11-30T02:37:45.327988900Z" />
        <EventRecordID>12939</EventRecordID>
        <Channel>Application</Channel>
        <Computer>DESKTOP-5HLB2O1</Computer>
        <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-3741737992-1955741115-3306282960-1001" />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>Product: League of Legends -- Error 1316. The specified account already exists.
    </Data>
        <Data>(NULL)</Data>
        <Data>(NULL)</Data>
        <Data>(NULL)</Data>
        <Data>(NULL)</Data>
        <Data>(NULL)</Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
        <Binary>7B43453744443930432D424431442D344234392D413445382D3346333843333133424546357D</Binary>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

I am not amazing with computers and wouldnt know what to do with this but I was told to seek help by friends and send this to help forums help me with my issue faster.

Also apologies in advance, I am farely sure I have the forum category wrong because I don't quite know what this comes under.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you very much in advance!

Tom.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 3:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

Based on your description, your problem is related to uninstall application from Windows, it's not related to Excel.

I will help you move this thread to Windows 7 Application Compatibility forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=w7itproappcompat

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:19 AM
  • Hi tomdanken

Please go through this link if this helps..

http://geekdrop.com/content/error-1316-solution-the-specified-account-already-exists

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please mark this as answer if this resolves your query
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:43 AM
  • Hi tomdanken,

The error could be caused by the Windows Installer failing to remove some registry keys. It always located in the below:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

We could try use the Microsoft easy fix. Please refer to the link below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970908

Meanwhile, please check the link below about error 1316. The specified account already exists to get more information.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=75924

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 2, 2016 6:30 AM