none
Staging Registry for User Published Apps RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am exploring App-V Management and Publishing server for App-V Publishing to User objects to VDI clients.

With storage being one of main factor, I have the App-V SharedContentStore Mode ON thereby packages streaming from network location on launch and no caching on client machine.

To improve the App-V publishing time, am leveraging PS scripts to Pre-Add App-V packages on Startup which works well.

However, on first launch of the App-V packages, there is some significant delay. The second launch is almost instantaneous.

So, wanted to have the App-V package registries staged, prior to user launching the application.

I did come across the link ( https://workspace-guru.com/2017/04/25/using-app-v-5-with-citrix-pvs-and-pre-staging-registry-powershell-and-tool/ ) but this seems to require the App-V packages to be machine targeted (Global Published)

Can this be done for a User targeted App-V package on computer startup or logon? Or is there a setting I could enable to have the App-V client stage the virtual registries at startup?

Kindly advice!

• Edited by DS2885 Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:37 AM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:33 AM

All replies

• I would check out appv scheduler 

It's very good for citrix and can improve application launch times with virtual registry pre-staging and application pre-launch features. And much much more 

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 6:17 PM