none
Problem with DPM 2007 SRT disaster recovery of a domain controller RRS feed

• Question

• Hello again,

I try to use the SRT tool to make a backup for disaster recovery of my second domain controller. For these I have created a recovery set, which includes 2 of 3 hard disks. On hard disk C: there is the system. On hard disk E: there is the AD and some other files. On hard disk D: there are only user files.

The recovery set includes only hard disks C and E, because of the system and AD. Hard disk D is protected by DPM2007 so I don't include it into SRT.

After burning a boot client for the DC, I have created a recovery point of the DC. Then I have formated the hard disks of the DC and startet the DC by using the boot client. After configuring network, I have connected the blank DC by using the recovery center of SRT. The SRT was connected to the DC and after 11% I got the following error in the report:

Recovery Point rollback failed because the data for the selected Recovery Point was unavailable.

In the RPStore, there are data of the whole recovery set, data and system.

Any ideas why this problem appears?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 9:41 AM

Answers

• Hello and thank you for answering. I have solved the problem. There was a mistake in the recovery set. But now I have another problem. After rolling back the DC I got the error, that ntldr is missing. The report of the SRT has the following error:

Unable to rollback deleted file C:\.....ntldr Error: The operation completed successfully.

By the way, there are a lot of files which could not be rolled back by SRT and that should be the reason for the missing ntldr.

I now use the following recovery sets:

Disk Layout (there is nothing marked)
    System Volume (there is boot and hdd c marked)
    Disk Layout E (there is hdd e marked)

Testing SRT with a XP-client I have similar problems.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:19 AM

All replies

• Isn't there anyone who can help me or has any idea?

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 1:20 PM
  • Hi,

can you please insert blank Disks on the DC that you are trying to recover (row space) not a formatted one and try to recover again.

Regards

Monday, December 13, 2010 11:53 AM
  • Hi, 

Do you still have the problem ? Did you try the suggestion or not yet ? 

Regards

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 8:56 PM
  • Hello and thank you for answering. I have solved the problem. There was a mistake in the recovery set. But now I have another problem. After rolling back the DC I got the error, that ntldr is missing. The report of the SRT has the following error:

Unable to rollback deleted file C:\.....ntldr Error: The operation completed successfully.

By the way, there are a lot of files which could not be rolled back by SRT and that should be the reason for the missing ntldr.

I now use the following recovery sets:

Disk Layout (there is nothing marked)
    System Volume (there is boot and hdd c marked)
    Disk Layout E (there is hdd e marked)

Testing SRT with a XP-client I have similar problems.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:19 AM