Outlook archiving RRS feed

• Question

• OUTLOOK is automatically archiving email from only one sender, and it does it all the time. My archive.pst folder constantly changes and updates because of this each day. And I miss emails from this sender. Ideas to correct this?
    Tuesday, December 31, 2019 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version. What's the type of your account? POP, IMAP or Exchange?

Have you set any AutoArchive for your folders? To check whether this is a client issue, please try configuring your email account on another computer(Outlook) and see if the issue can be reproduced.

Besides, it is suggested to check if you have set any rule which may lead to this issue. If there are multiple rules or you have difficulty finding the culprit one, please turn off all rules via File > Rules & Alerts and see if the problem still exists.

There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.

A corrupted profile can also cause this issue, so if the issue continues, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 2:21 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, January 3, 2020 11:35 AM