Archive (pst) does not display letters RRS feed

• Question

• Created in Outlook pst archives behaved strangely.

Inside the archive there are folders and subfolders. In particular, the "Inbox" and "Send" internal folder tree. So, folder " Send " works correctly - displays the number of messages in and when you select any subfolders display a list of all messages and read. And with a folder "Inbox" there are no any miracles. It shows the number of messages in each sub-folder, but when I select subfolders it’s empty. Writes "no messages". That is, in fact, they are there because there regularly transferred, the program takes into account their number of changes: Number of messages within subfolders. But it neither see, consequently, cannot open them. Сlick on the folder and writes "there are no items to show in this view."

Somebody faced the such? 

how to repair pst file?

Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:36 PM

Answers

• 1. Go into properties and select Show unread.

2. Try to change the view.

3. If it doesn't change anything, then it will have to recover the .pst file.

I think you have a problem with exceeding the memory limit.  If you don't know much about the program, it is easiest to use for this special program that will be able to do all the work for you. There are many different programs  for this in the Internet paid and free. You can search Google to find them without a problem.  I personally use outlook pst repair tool like PST Repair Kit. I have used it more than once and it always did its job. There is a demo version  on the website so that you can check your file and see whether to buy this program or not.

http://www.outlookpst.repair/

• Marked as answer by HansErlandsen Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:01 PM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Hans,

If the items are there in the PST file, please try to reset the view for Inbox folder to have a try:

Select Inbox folder of this opened PST file, go to View tab, in the current view group, click Reset View. Also click Change View to have a try.

If you want to repair PST file, we can use the SCANPST.exe file to do it:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair-Outlook-Data-Files-pst-and-ost-25663bc3-11ec-4412-86c4-60458afc5253

Any updates in your side, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 25, 2017 8:03 AM
  • 1. Go into properties and select Show unread.

2. Try to change the view.

3. If it doesn't change anything, then it will have to recover the .pst file.

I think you have a problem with exceeding the memory limit.  If you don't know much about the program, it is easiest to use for this special program that will be able to do all the work for you. There are many different programs  for this in the Internet paid and free. You can search Google to find them without a problem.  I personally use outlook pst repair tool like PST Repair Kit. I have used it more than once and it always did its job. There is a demo version  on the website so that you can check your file and see whether to buy this program or not.

http://www.outlookpst.repair/

• Marked as answer by HansErlandsen Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:01 PM
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:49 PM
  • Thank you very much for the help! you helped me a lot!
    Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:01 PM
  • Did you try to repair damaged Outlook Data file by using Microsoft inbuilt utility?

If not then go for it. Run scanpst.exe to fix corruption issues of corrupt Outlook PST file.

Wednesday, September 27, 2017 4:50 PM