none
NEW IE11 update causes IE11 hot keys to take precedence over matching Macro program hotkeys

Question

• I have 7 email accounts on our Exchange server for different business and personal roles.  I have always used OWA instead of Outlook to segregate accounts on my desktop.  For quick logins I have been using "Keyboard Express" Macro program  to insert USER and PASSWORD into OWA.   With some update applied in December 2015, Keyboard Express no long works on most of my Macro hotkeys because the IE hotkeys have taken precedence.  Such as ALT-H and other.

This same think happened to IE11 when I ran the Windows 10 upgrade 2 months ago, so I restored Win7 with a disk image to get rid of Window 10.

Is there a way to assign precedence between a Macro Program and IE11 Hotkeys ?

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

there is no Alt+H hotkey in IE.....

web pages can be programmed with accesskeys for navigation and accessibility purposes.

the Alt key in IE browsers (>8) is used to display the Menu bar (if it is hidden)... select the View>Toolbars>Menu bar to keep the Menu bar displayed on all tabs.

Have you contacted Keyboard Express to ask if their products are compatible with the latest versions of web browsers?

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 12:24 AM
  • You said ALT-H is not an IE hot key, but I have had 2 systems with recent updates that caused multiple ALT-# key combos invoke the IE11 menus.

OK I will post my questions somewhere else.    But I am also a full time network support person.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 3:26 PM