none
Project 2010 Freezes when trying to print RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having a issue with Project where files that have a fair to large amount of data in them (2-6mb) are unable to print from Project 2010 Standard x86. I am unable to even print to a file like PDF or XPS, each time I try to print the application freezes and will remain not responding until closed. 

This is happening even if I completely re-image the computer and re-install Project 2010. I know that it is not due to a corrupted file because I can still print the file from older computers with Project 2010 standard, which makes me believe that either a new update or possibly some registry edit in my image is causing the issue.

If I try to save as PDF I get this error " the columns are too wide or too many columns to print per page". I get this error on pretty much any type of project file that has a normal amount of data in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:54 PM

All replies

• atylerblack,

First question, do you have SP2 installed? Maybe those older computers with Project 2010 are actually more updated than your current computer.

You might also look at the cumulative updates since SP2 to see if any fix printing issues. A reference for this information is: http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/p/msp10.aspx.

Are you able to print other files that aren't so large? You indicate you get an error message on any type of project that has a "normal" amount of data but we have no idea what you consider "normal".

John

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 3:26 PM
  • I have no idea if this will fix your problem, but my inability to print to PDF was solved by upgrading to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat. Sadly cost a bit, but I am now back to doing productive work.

--rms www.rmschneider.com

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:45 PM