none
Search is going down where there was a switch between Master and Backup RRS feed

• Question

• We have noticed that search is not working when there is a switch between master and backup indexers.

This issue we are facing in our test server, our development servers are working fine and we are able to search even if there is a switch between master and backup indexers.

Kinldy let me know what configurations we have to change to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Shikha Mahajan

Monday, April 25, 2011 5:54 PM

All replies

• If your search and indexer nodes are on same server sometimes it may cause problem. Some FAST versions doesn't maintain the active index in the backup nodes, so it will take sometime to prepare the index from fixmal when master and backup nodes switch. Check in the 'clarity' window (in admin GUI) how many documents are available in valid index.

Which versionof FAST are you using?

Regards,

RG

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 11:44 PM
  • Hi Ramesh,

We are using FAST esp 5.3 sp3 which i assume maintains the actve index set in backup nodes.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Just to clarify... when the master indexer fails for some reason, search on the backup indexers become unresponsive? I suggest engaging support to analyze your search and indexer logs. If you see any obvious errors in those logs, please post them here.

Friday, April 29, 2011 12:25 AM