Lync 2010 External Delegate's and Simultaneous Ring RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user who we are configuring with delegates for his Lync calls.  This user also wants to still have all calls simultaneously ring his cell phone as well as his delegates.

Since it appears you can only choose one method for call forwarding (My delegates, mobile, etc.).  I attempted to add his cell phone as a delegate.  Unfortunately it appears you cannot add external contacts as a delegate.

For the time being he just has to switch call forwarding from delegates to cell, but this is not ideal.

Has anyone else encountered this scenario before?  Any thoughts on how I could get Lync to simultaneously ring a cell phone and delegates?

Thursday, March 7, 2013 9:28 PM

Answers

• What you want is not possible. SimRing is only possible with one option, so the delegates or the mobile phone. Team call or delegates is only possible to add internal (Lync) numbers so no mobile numbers.

What Kent said could work but he means to us Lync Mobile on a phone e.q. let the user sign in as him/her-self in Lync mobile. When this person is being called he will be notified on the mobile and can answer using Lync mobile. This offcourse will only work if you set up simring with team group.
    • Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, April 5, 2013 7:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, April 5, 2013 7:34 AM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can set call forward to delegates and also sign in Lync mobile. In this case, calls will ring you at lync client on mobilie and also ring your delegates.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 11, 2013 2:07 AM
  • Thanks Kent.  I just tried this and the Lync mobile settings are the same as the Client. 

There is even an note on the Call Forwarding for Lync Mobile that states if your mobile phone is not part of your delegates you will not recieve calls on your mobile phone.

Monday, March 11, 2013 7:59 PM
  • What you want is not possible. SimRing is only possible with one option, so the delegates or the mobile phone. Team call or delegates is only possible to add internal (Lync) numbers so no mobile numbers.

What Kent said could work but he means to us Lync Mobile on a phone e.q. let the user sign in as him/her-self in Lync mobile. When this person is being called he will be notified on the mobile and can answer using Lync mobile. This offcourse will only work if you set up simring with team group.
    • Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, April 5, 2013 7:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, April 5, 2013 7:34 AM
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:23 AM