Server 2012R2 - Win 10 Pro Desktop - Change Standard User to Admin RRS feed

• Question

• I created a Win 10 Pro computer user as a standard user when connecting computer to the domain.  However, the office main business program, the antivirus program, and even Outlook will not run unless I click "Run as Administrator" and use my admin credentials.

* the user account was previously created on the Server 2012R2

How can I elevate this user to admin?  I really don't care what they do with this computer.  Just need these 3 things to run all the time.

Thanks,

Darryl

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:57 PM

Answers

All replies

• Open local user manager. Remove the user from the Users group and add to the Administrators group.
    Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:58 PM
  • Are you speaking of the Win 10 desktop user accounts management?  Or the Windows 2012R2 Server User Management?

When I first added the computer to the domain and asked for the user account info, it defaulted to Standard.

Thanks,

Darryl

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:06 PM
  • Hi,

This article may help you, please refer to the link:

How To Create a Shortcut That Lets a Standard User Run An Application as Administrator:

http://www.howtogeek.com/124087/how-to-create-a-shortcut-that-lets-a-standard-user-run-an-application-as-administrator/

Please Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 9:39 AM