Sharing issues from one PC RRS feed

• Question

• Here is the deal. I just started a new job as windows systems admin, lots of existing issues that need fixing.

Here is one strange issue...

Shared folders are mapped via group policy based on group membership. I have one user who needs access to a shared folder that is not in his department. I have it set up so that while it doesnt show up as a folder when he opens his network drive, it will work if you manually type in the path. Works great. Except from this users computer. If I have his log into any number of other windows XP machines in the office, it works great. Logs onto his system, no go.

Copied his account in AD to create a test account with same settings as his, same result. WOrks everywhere but on his computer.

Any ideas?

Thursday, November 4, 2010 2:38 PM

All replies

• Delete his account and recreate it....
    Please do not forget to select the best answer if it helps you! The Ultimate computer newbie guide since the discovery of spoon feeding! The Computer Manual dot Com
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:53 PM
  • i dont think deleting his account will work since it works with his account on other pcs.

from what i gather, his own pc seem not to be updated via group policy

first, on his system go to command prompt, run gpupdate /force, restart if needed and see what happens.

if that doesn't work, then remove his pc from the domain, restart, rejoin the domain , restart again, should work fine.

Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:43 PM