WSUS Management Pack RRS feed

• Question

• Hello together,

is there anything special I need to consider before integrating the MP for WSUS?

Would it be possible to check the update status on all monitored servers i.e. I approved updates, assigned them to the right groups but after one week some servers still haven't installed them so I want to get an alert/warning about it? I didn't find something about it so I am wondering if this is something for my wildest dreams only... ;)

Regards,

M.

Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Maik - The WSUS management pack really focuses on the health of the WSUS server, not the individual computers getting their updates from WSUS. When you install the WSUS management pack, the WSUS server's health model will be augmented with some WSUS rules and monitors. These only act against the WSUS server itself. You will, for example, get an alert (from the WSUS server) if a large percentage of your WSUS clients are reporting a failure to update. You would have to log into the WSUS server and look at its console and reports to learn more details on the individual WSUS client computers with update problems.

John Joyner
    MVP-Operations Manager

• Proposed as answer by Graham Davies Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:14 AM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Maik - The WSUS management pack really focuses on the health of the WSUS server, not the individual computers getting their updates from WSUS. When you install the WSUS management pack, the WSUS server's health model will be augmented with some WSUS rules and monitors. These only act against the WSUS server itself. You will, for example, get an alert (from the WSUS server) if a large percentage of your WSUS clients are reporting a failure to update. You would have to log into the WSUS server and look at its console and reports to learn more details on the individual WSUS client computers with update problems.

John Joyner
    MVP-Operations Manager

• Proposed as answer by Graham Davies Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:14 AM
    Monday, November 15, 2010 6:01 PM
  • Hello Maik,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered" as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios.

In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:02 AM