Phone scams RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I know I am not the first, nor will I be the last; however, this is the 2nd time someone has represented your company and stated that you saw an issue with Windows on my computer and need to access it.   

There has got to be a way that you could end these harassing calls that often pop up regarding this matter.    And you should also lobby for laws to include it as a felony and long prison sentences.  I am so surprised I have only heard of two incidents that made headlines regarding computer scams.  

Since computers are here to stay, international laws should include these issues regarding hacking, scamming, and all the spyware that corrupts our puters.  

I know you can find the callers/hackers point of origin as an aquaintance in law enforcement told me it can be done.  He had received a call from a scammer and he told them where they were calling from etc.  If long sentencing is given for this type of crime, perhaps it would be a deterrent to other would be criminals.  

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Saturday, April 27, 2019 10:22 PM

All replies