Damned pages keeping closing before I've had chance to do anything! Help please RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,, I have 64bit Vista installed on a new desktop computer... I am a complete beginner at all things computer and was experimenting with Bittorrent to download a film (seemed to work fine) but when I came to view the film with Nero7 I got a message "Com Surrogate has stopped working".Over a few days I gathered from friends that Nero7 is'nt compatible with Vista so decided to uninstall Bittorrent and Nero7 and then do a "Restore"... Unfortunately the earliest restore point was after I had first seen the error message.. So not much use..
    So I have now run Scandisk repair and reinstalled Bittorrent and installed Nero8 and no more error messages great.Also the downloading and DVD Burning seems ok now apart from one annoying thing. Opened pages will only stay open for a very short time before they close back down again.Much too quickly to read, let alone select what you want to do.. I think I've read elsewhere (can't find it now) that this is a known fault with Vista... Can anyone confirm this please?... and any help on what can be done about it would be gratefully received... Regards LLC - In The Cotswolds,Gloucestershire,Gt Britain.
    Friday, March 14, 2008 5:37 PM