Mapped drives are not available RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have some bugs with mapped drives on 3/60 PC in my company. It is after Win 10 Update. I rollback update and everything was ok for the while but system are forcing update over and over and the problem can not disappear. I tried all workarounds like checking SMB in system functions but it does not help. I can not get to any server like \\10.142.xxx.xxx and it makes me crazy.

Sunday, September 20, 2020 6:34 PM

All replies

• Do some basic troubleshooting. Can you ping the IP address? Can you ping the fully qualified server name? Can you "net view \\*name*or*IP-address"? Do you see a logon error in the destination server when you get the error? Did you temporarily turn the firewall off to see if it was blocking the network traffic?

It's really hard to help you if you can only provide a description of "I can not get to any server". 

Monday, September 21, 2020 2:22 AM
  • I did. I can ping that server and net view stuff. Looks like service dns client is disabled, but someone from microsoft said that is a feature in 2020. What I need is a fix-pack to microsoft bugs.
    Monday, September 21, 2020 7:23 AM