Separate Servers for MGMT and PUB? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

I'm in the process of bolting together a new App-V 5 environment to replace our 4.6 environment.  Whilst I will have the DB located remotely, is there any key differences between consolidating the MGMT/PUB on a single server vs separating the 2?

Cheers

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:53 PM

Answers

• App-V 5 clients will contact the Publishing Server, not the Management Server directly, so your design will depend on scale. You'll want a minimum of 2 Management Servers, but might require more than 2 Publishing Servers depending on network topology and number of clients.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:51 AM