User Profile Synchronisation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I hope someone is able to help with this. I am trying to get the user profile synchronisation working on our Intranet site (SP2007). I have successfully configured the connection to the active directory, all properties look to be associated with all the users that have been pulled through. Viewing the user properties shows the fields that are mapped to the AD fields, and these look in line with how they appears in AD.

When an update occurs in the active directory, an incremental load looks to update the user profile within the Shared Service Provider. The problem is that when viewing a user in the All People list of the SharePoint site, the details do not update.

I have tried running the stsadm -o sync command but this appears to have no impact. I was reading in other posts about the PrepareToMove operation of stsadm which seems to update the moving flag of any content databases, and once moved will allow the profile synchronisation to continue. Looking into this further I see that the move flag in the SiteSynch table of the SSP flag is set to false which is how it should be. This table also confirms that the sites look to have all synch'd recently. I should add that I have not run the PreparetoMove command on my site, as I didn't believe this to be necessary given the Moving flag values.

I am puzzled as to what I am missing here. From what I can tell, everything should work as intended but it doesn't. Can anyone please provide any further assistance as to what I might be able to try next.

/* EDIT */

Further investigation into the issue seems to point towards the users Name (displayname) column not updating within the SharePoint site. I added some more properties to the SSP profile and have them coming through to the SharePoint my site profile for the user. The user name still appears to be the incorrect one. I have queried the UserInfo table for the content database and for the user I was investigating the issue, there are 2 entries for the same database, one with the correct display name but tp_IsActive = 0, and one with the incorrect display name where tp_IsActive = 1. Hopefully this may shed some further light on the problem. Is there some way oto tidy up this table?

Thanks in advance,

Grant

• Edited by GS80 Monday, April 11, 2011 1:56 PM Further info provided.
    Monday, April 11, 2011 12:36 PM

Answers

• Hi,

we can force all the users profiles to get updates using the below stsadm commands: run them in the order i mentioned

stsadm -o sync -ignoreisactive 1

stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 0

stsadm -o sync -synctiming m:1

wait for some time and then check the profiles:

Don't forget to reset the sync back to 1 hour (stsadm -o sync -synctiming h:1 )

Best Regards, Ashok Yadala
    • Marked as answer by David HM Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:34 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 4:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

we can force all the users profiles to get updates using the below stsadm commands: run them in the order i mentioned

stsadm -o sync -ignoreisactive 1

stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 0

stsadm -o sync -synctiming m:1

wait for some time and then check the profiles:

Don't forget to reset the sync back to 1 hour (stsadm -o sync -synctiming h:1 )

Best Regards, Ashok Yadala
    • Marked as answer by David HM Tuesday, April 19, 2011 1:34 AM
    Monday, April 11, 2011 4:07 PM
  • Hi Ashok,

Thanks for the response, I'll be honest, I didn't run the ignoreisactive argument with the sync command. I will give this a shot to see if it makes a difference. Can you tell me though as to why there are 2 users in the UserInfo table? The fact that the name field is different would suggest that although other fields are picked up and changed by the active directory crawl, this remains unchanged, and ultmately wrong.

I'll try the above suggestion and let you know how that goes.

Thanks,

Grant

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 7:19 AM