none
Control the display of a published webpage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All!!

Quick question here from a noob...

I work in developmental software as a UAT tester. There are several servers that display our content in varrious stages of our testing phase. Dev, Intergration, Test, Stage and Production servers. I am mostly concerned with the content on the Test server but I have to jump to the Int and Dev servers from time to time... the thing is - besides the URL to get to our product portals, they all look alike... It sometimes gets a little confusing if Im jumping back and forth from server to server and I was hoping to find a quick solution to control the display of the portal pages in my browser with out having to request a change of coding (that wont be honored anyway) - soooooo - my question is: is there a way to have IE set a certain look of a page that I can easily tell which server Im on at a glance that wont effect anything except my display and that will presist after I close the browser for that session?

Does that even make sense?

Thanks in advance
    T.McT.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 5:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You did not mention your windows version.

Windows 7 and earlier has a Classic Windows Desktop theme..... Enabling the Classic Windows theme instead of an Aero theme, the full url of a tabs location will be displayed in the Title bar area of the Ie window/tab(s).

Alternatively you can hover your mouse over a tab leaf to display its full location and title.

View>Status bar... to display the bottom status bar which will display the url of hyperlinks and scripted links when you hover over them.

Use File>New Session to open multiple accounts at the same portal on the one machine.

Ask your developers to add an about box to their web apps.

Rob^_^

Friday, January 24, 2014 12:43 AM