Excel 2010 - Multiple Digital Signatures? RRS feed

• Question

• How would you add multiple digital signatures to an Excel 2010 workbook?

• Edited by Geek 2016 Friday, September 20, 2013 4:34 PM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 4:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

To add multiple digital signatures, we need to  create the signatures first.

Then please refer to the following steps:

• Click the File tab.
    • Click Info.
    • Under Permissions, click Protect Document, Protect Workbook or Protect Presentation.
    • Click Add a Digital Signature.
    • Read the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint message, and then click OK.
    • In the Sign dialog box, in the Purpose for signing this document box, type the purpose.
    • Click Sign.

Check the following MS link for additional information.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/add-or-remove-a-digital-signature-in-office-files-HA010354308.aspx

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by George123345 Monday, September 30, 2013 7:54 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 4:41 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To add multiple digital signatures, we need to  create the signatures first.

Then please refer to the following steps:

• Click the File tab.
    • Click Info.
    • Under Permissions, click Protect Document, Protect Workbook or Protect Presentation.
    • Click Add a Digital Signature.
    • Read the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint message, and then click OK.
    • In the Sign dialog box, in the Purpose for signing this document box, type the purpose.
    • Click Sign.

Check the following MS link for additional information.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/add-or-remove-a-digital-signature-in-office-files-HA010354308.aspx

Regards,

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by George123345 Monday, September 30, 2013 7:54 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2013 4:41 AM
  • Hi,

The instruction above will allow for one user to sign the document - once the next user signs the signature will be rendered invalid and disappear from the signatures tab. Is there a way to obtain multiple signatures on the same Excel 2010 document without invalidating earlier signatures?

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 7:02 PM
  • Yes, I've been looking for how to do this too and the marked answer will not allow you to obtain multiple signatures on the same Excel 2010 document.

Thursday, September 25, 2014 9:21 PM
  • Multiple signatures are possible. This works in word so I'm guessing it will work in Excel as well. Once the first person signs, on the lower left you will see Page: 1 of 1 | Words: 100 | and the red digital signature icon. Click the icon and a signatures box will open on the right.

There will be a requested signatures section which contains the names of those individuals who still need to sign the document. The person clicks their name and signs the document. No need to save the document its done automatically. The next person will do the same thing and no need to save after they do and so on.

No signatures are invalid as others sign.

For sending via e-mail. The document must still be saved to the persons computer (Microsoft security feature) somewhere but they must add a number, special character or something to the end of the name when they save it. It can then b forwarded to the next person and they must do the same thing.

When the document gets back to the creator that person can save the document to their computer and rename the document taking the numbers or whatever off the end.

• Edited by Latasha Wills Friday, July 17, 2015 10:13 PM Added sending via e-mail
    • Proposed as answer by JDiNardo Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:58 PM
    Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:40 PM
  • I was searching for an answer as well and was pretty frustrated until I saw this YouTube video. The video only shows you how to sign but does not show you how to set up multiple signature. So I got an idea and tested this trick out myself. It worked!!!! It turns out to be pretty simple. COPY and PASTE.

First, add the first signature box like you would normally do. 

Don't sign anything yet.

Right click on the box, and click on Copy.

Paste that box below the original one.

Then you can right click on the 2nd signature box and select Signature Set Up.

There you can update Name, Title etc. for the next Signer in line.

Add as many signature boxes as you need just by Copy and Paste, then update the Name and Title etc.

Once completed, follow the instructions on a video that I found on YouTube on how to Sign in the appropriate box.

(I am not allowed to post the link here so just google for "Add multiple signatures to excel document"). You would see one or mostly likely can figure it out yourself. 

Good luck!

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 10:56 PM