none
Project Online linked with SharePoint list of task RRS feed

• Question

• I am a head of scheduling in a Spanish Shipyard and we want to implement SharePoint online in order to be the platform to get the progress from the different responsible and provide the schedule dates for each task to them.

Our Project Schedule has more than 5.000 task and we are using project online with a SharePoint site in order to publish the schedule and give permissions.

When we try to save and publish the project from microsoft project proffessional we have the error: 12005 and 26005.

We have tried to publish only in project online without connection with SharePoint and we did not have the error.

I would be very gratefull if somebody can support me for avoid this error.

Thank you very much!

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you correctly create the MS Project account in order to link it to your Project Online instance? Also try to go to file/options/save and clean the local cache.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:15 AM
  • Hello,

I think I am correctly connected with Project Online, furthermore I have this error when I am in project online and I select open in project proffessional.

Regarding cache I also try to clean it and publish and I had the same.

Thank you.

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 11:48 AM
  • Looking at the error code it looks like the Project Publish is failing due to Task list sync failure. Can you please share the entire error message that are receiving while publishing the project.

It might help us understand if the issue is observed due to the threshold on the list due to the number of items being created or if its due to an issue with one of the tasks in the project.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 10:09 PM