none
extract to MS EXCEL RRS feed

Answers

• The quickest way I have found is to copy the cells I want from the Project file, then right click on the Excel cell and select "Paste Special".  From the list, select HTML.  Your indenting will remain.

Hope this works for you.

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Monday, January 30, 2012 2:37 AM
  • IT,

In Project 2010 and Office 2010 a straight copy and paste will retain the indenture.

John

Monday, January 30, 2012 4:16 PM

All replies

• The quickest way I have found is to copy the cells I want from the Project file, then right click on the Excel cell and select "Paste Special".  From the list, select HTML.  Your indenting will remain.

Hope this works for you.

Gregg D. Richie, PMP, MCTS; Author, Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Official Academic Course Series
    Monday, January 30, 2012 2:37 AM
  • IT,

In Project 2010 and Office 2010 a straight copy and paste will retain the indenture.

John

Monday, January 30, 2012 4:16 PM
  • If you are using 2003 there is a set of formuli that you can use to add in the required gaps (based on WBS code and a vlookup) which I can share if you want.  I was impressed to find the 2010 does such a nice job of dropping in the indentations etc when pasting into Excel :)

Regards

Miles

Thursday, February 9, 2012 3:41 PM